In an effort to protect the health and welfare of both our employees and our customers, effective March 17, 2020 all locations of the Beaufort County Treasurer's Office will be physically closed to the public so we can limit in-person contact. During this time our team will continue to work and serve using innovation and enthusiasm by providing virtual services, outlines below.
Questions or Requests
Our team members will continue to work and be available to customers by phone or email, via the Contact Us page on BeaufortCountyTreasurer.com. As an office that has embraced telecommuting, we will have extended coverage so our customer questions and requests are answered quickly and timely.
For our customers in the real estate industry, we want to specifically address the needs you may have so that our local real estate economy can continue to move forward productively and as safely as possible. Our staff is prepared to assist with the questions closing attorneys, title abstractors, realtors and others may have as a result of an impending property transaction.
Our customers have available to them a variety of payment options that are convenient and free. A full list is available on our website but we would like to remind taxpayers of the following options.
- Payment can be made online at www.myBeaufortCounty.com with no additional fees when using an eCheck. Your receipt will be provided to you right away and is accepted at the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Payment can be mailed to the address listed on your tax bill. The postmark date is honored as the customer's date of payment.
- Payments can be made by phone by calling 888-970-0624 with no additional fees when using an eCheck.
- Customers needing to make a cash payment can obtain a cashier's check or money order, which can be sent by mail to the address listed on their tax bill. The postmark date is honored as the customer's date of payment.
- For bills newly created by the Auditor's Office, those bills are available for payment online by the next business day or the taxpayer can mail their payment right away to the address listed on their bill. The postmark date is honored as the customer's date of payment.
For more payment information or to contact our office, please visit www.BeaufortCountyTreasurer.com or call the Treasurer's Office at 843-255-2600.